St. Columban’s Catholic Church
The history of St. Columban Parish begins the first Mass offered in 1857 in a private home. With traveling priests who fostered the faith and spiritual character of the members, the parish grew and built a church in 1875. Through the guidance of numerous pastors over the years, the parish flourished and was able to construct a brink rectory adjacent to the church in 1924. The present church building was built in 1928 to replace the original structure, and underwent extensive updating in the late 1960’s. The most recent redecorating was completed in 2004, and in 2015 the roof was redone and the elevator added.
St. Columban Parish has an active Liturgy Committee which assists the pastor with liturgical planning.
The women of St. Columban’s continue to serve parish and community through their involvement in the Council of Catholic Women (CCW). Monthly meetings are held and numerous outreach projects are held each year, offering help to those in need both locally and internationally. A major fundraiser each year is the Fall Dinner and Raffle, which is successful due to the involvement of a great many parishioners.
Men of the Parish are active in the Knights of Columbus organization, through which they also help those in need in many areas.
Breakfasts and socials are also regularly sponsored by the Men of the parish. They succeed in their goal of promoting fellowship while raising funds for their various causes.