*For the most accurate business information please check with individual businesses. Things are changing on a daily basis.
Olmsted Medical Center
Fillmore County Emergency Declaration
March 19th – Fillmore County Emergency Declaration
Read the Emergency Declaration by Clicking Here
- No returns are accepted at this time and please do not use re-usable grocery sacks at this time due to COVID-19.
- •On Friday, March 20th, 2020 we will temporarily change our hours of operation listed below until further notice to help ensure the well-being of our staff, replenishment of our products and an even deeper cleaning of our stores.
NEW Store Hours Beginning Friday, March 20th 2020
7am – 7pm Monday – Saturday
8am – 7pm Sunday
At this time, we are asking all customers to respect our request of having the opening hour of 7 to 8am each day reserved for those shoppers who are at a higher risk of severe illness by COVID-19, which includes older adults and those who have compromised immune systems. This is to provide an opportunity for those individuals to be the first to shop after our overnight cleaning and reduced traffic in our stores.
When necessary, we will continue to place purchase limits on high-demand products such as hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, bottled water, gloves and bath and facial tissue to increase the likelihood of those products being available to even more of our customers.
We appreciate your support and thank you for understanding.
Owner / Operations Manager
Owner / President
Tim Kiehne, Store Manager
- •Delivery & Pick-Up -If you find yourself unsure of your health, or you are quarantined by the virus- please do not hesitate to call or order online for delivery or pick-up. We will deliver groceries to your home and drop them off at your porch if you are unable to leave or unsure.
Call Preston Foods 507-765-2465, auto attendant will answer, PRESS 1 for details and to leave us your name and phone number. WE WILL CALL YOU BACK TO GET YOUR ORDER.
You can also visit our website at www.myprestonfoods.com and submit a basic grocery list online and we will call you to confirm and provide you with the time it will be ready for pick-up or delivery. More details on the website or by calling the store
507-765-2465 – www.myprestonfoods.com
•Other places you can find food items in town: Casey’s General Store, Preston Motor Mart, Family Dollar
- •Fillmore County Food Shelf – Preston – Semcac’s food shelf provides individuals and families with a variety of nutritious food and the opportunity to stretch limited household budgets. The food shelves are sustained by monetary donations, donations of food and personal care items. To use the food shelf, the household income should be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. However, emergency food is available to any household experiencing a food crisis, regardless of household income. At this time, please call ahead before visiting. 507-765-2761
- Current items needed: peanut butter, breakfast cereal, sugar, cooking oil, egg noodles, instant rice and potatoes, spaghetti sauce, pasta, sloppy joe sauce.
Restaurants & Bars
- •For a full list of restaurants offering takeout services and delivery please visit our Takeout Blitz page by clicking here.
- Salons and Barber Shops will be opening June 1, 2020. Please check with businesses for hours of operation and their plans to open.
Preston Hy-Vee HealthMarket Rx Pharmacy
•507-765-2156| Call for delivery or pick-up | Store Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm | Pharmacy closed for lunch from 12:30pm-1pm
F&M Community Bank
- •Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, and until further notice, all transactions which are typically done at the teller line will now be handled by using our drive-ups (available in Preston and Chatfield) or by using our night depositories (available at all offices). We will not be handling transactions face-to-face except in situations which require doing so and arrangements can be made to maintain proper social distancing. Any business which requires the handling of paperwork will require special arrangements and can be made with the lender or personal banker.
- •507-765-3823 – www.fmcommunity.com
Preston Police Department
It is the goal of the Preston Police Department to provide the highest level of service at all times. Although our level of service will not change, our method of response and call handling may be a little different for the time being. We are implementing the recommendation provided to us to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Virus. We will continue to patrol as always. Some of the calls we receive may be handled by phone rather than in person. The calls we do respond to in person may need to take place outdoors. As always, feel free to call on us for anything you normally would call for. This message is not meant to be viewed as alarming. We just hope to be part of the solution rather than the problem. I would also recommend reading the statement from Sheriff John DeGeorge.
Thank you all,
Chief Blaise Sass
Preston Police Department
Park Lane Estates
- •Due to recent guidance from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services, we have restricted all visitors from Park Lane except for compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life situations. This is a requirement for all senior living and care communities throughout the country due to the public health emergency recently declared relative to COVID-19. We recognize the challenges these restrictions place on our residents and their loved ones. We encourage you to contact residents by phone, text, video chat, or social media. Please contact Cathy Nation, Administrator (507-765-9986) if you have questions about how to connect with your loved one. Thank you for understanding!
- •Due to recent guidance from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services, we have restricted all visitors from Traditions except for compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life situations. This is a requirement for all senior living and care communities throughout the country due to the public health emergency recently declared relative to COVID-19. We recognize the challenges these restrictions place on our residents and their loved ones.
Fillmore County DAC
- •With the stay-at-home order expiring on Monday May 18th , Governor Walz has announced the next phase; he will be allowing retail stores, malls and businesses that sell, rent, maintain & repair goods to open with conditions.
This next phase does not include the Fillmore County DAC. We will continue to remain closed at this time.
We’re working on a plan for when we do reopen that will include social distancing, the wearing of masks and other safety measures that will be necessary to help keep everyone safe and healthy at the DAC and at their worksites.
We miss everyone and look forward to the day we’re able to be together again!! Stay safe & healthy everyone!! 🙂
As we begin to make preparations for reopening, we are requesting donations of the following:
1. NEW (never been used) thermometers -either No contact or temple read
2. Unopened bottles of hand sanitizer
3. Unopened containers of disinfectant wipes
4. Unopened boxes of latex free disposable gloves (size Med, Large, XL and XXL)
To make arrangements to drop off your donations, please call the DAC at 507-765-3378. If you prefer to have your donations picked up, let us know.
Read the latest update for current customer by clicking here.
- The Preston Visitor’s Center on HWY 52 remains closed at this time. We will re-open for the season once travel is safe. You may pick up items on the outside of the building or visit www.prestonmnchamber.com for updated information.
- The Bike Share Program will be closed this year.
Preston Pubic Library
- The Preston Library is moving on to its next phase in the plan to reopen to the public. Beginning Tuesday, May 26, patrons can use public computers or enter the library to choose books by appointment only. Patrons must call in advance to reserve their time during normal hours. No DVDs. The Library will also continue to offer curbside pickup of books as well. Call the library at 507-765-4511 to make arrangements.
Cancelled/Postponed Local Events
- •Preston Area Community Foundation Annual Dinner and Auction
- •Preston United Methodist Church Cod Fish Dinner
- •Fillmore Central Schools – All school related activities are cancelled.
- •Fillmore County History Center – Programs cancelled until reopened.
- •Historic Forestville – Closed through June 30th. – Mystery Cave/Forestville State Park OPEN – No public camping available.
- •Preston Trout Days 2020 CANCELLED
- •Root River Trail Towns 60-Mile Garage Sale – CANCELLED
- •June Rhythm By The River is CANCELLED
- •June Pop-Up Market is CANCELLED
- •Preston Area Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament is CANCELLED
Health Related Links
- •Minnesota Department of Health https://www.health.state.mn.
- •Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/
- •Fillmore County Public Health http://www.co.fillmore.mn.us/
- •Mayo Clinic COVID-19 information: https://www.