We’re pretty lucky to live in a state that has four seasons. If we had to pick a favorite season, Fall is it! The apples, the pumpkins, the colors, we could go on and on.
Preston, located in Southeast Minnesota’s Historic Bluff Country, is full of Fall FUN! Whether you’re looking for a day trip or a weekend trip, we have plenty of things to offer.
Check out these 5 reasons we think we’re worth a visit this Fall!
- Apples – Preston is lucky to have a beautiful orchard right on HWY 52 (Yes, you can still get there during road construction!). Blossom Hill Orchard and Farm is open 7 days a week, 9am-5:30pm, during apple season! And even more exciting for PUMPKIN LOVERS….their pumpkin patch opens this Thursday! After you’ve picked your pumpkin you will have to try out Hillary’s delicious goodies in the bakery! Learn more here.
- History – Just a short drive away from Preston you will find the Historic Village of Forestville. This is located at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park which is breathtaking in the Fall! Historic Forestville is open every Saturday until the end of October from 10am-5pm. You’ll truly feel like you’re stepping back in time. Check out some of their special events they have coming up including Yoga, Make Apple Pie Die, Flashlight Cemetery Tours, Make Apple Cider Day and Make Apple Butter Day! Learn more here.
- Colors – Bluff Country is known for its beauty year-round but its especially beautiful here in the Fall. We are expected to see our peak colors early to mid October this year. You can drive on the Historic Bluff Country National Scenic Byway to get to us which will give you plenty of beautiful scenery and fun stops along the way! If you love biking then you can hop on our 60+ miles of paved trail and explore all nine towns along the trail! To stay updated on the Fall colors follow the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Fall Color Finder here.
- Flavors – Fall isn’t Fall without delicious food and cold beverages. We are lucky to have a great variety of flavors in our small town. Grab a hearty steak at the Branding Iron, a juicy burger from B&B Bowl & Restaurant, a warm cup of soup at the Sweet Stop and Sandwich Shoppe or a cold hand crafted beer at the brand NEW Trout City Brewing. And if you’re around on a Friday night, stop in to the Preston Servicemen’s Club for their burger night and meat raffle. Are you hungry yet?
- Treasures – Preston is home to several artisans and unique businesses.
- If you’ve never been to Urban Artifacts then you’re definitely missing out! Urban Artifacts creates several of their own decor and furniture items but also house creations from people like Farm Charm and Baukol’s Barrels. And if you love to do DIY projects in the Fall they have some amazing tools and paint to check out.
- Did we mention how talented our local florist is? Stop by Preston Floral & Gifts for beautiful flowers AND Fall decor. Mark your calendar for their Holiday Open House which is happening the first weekend in November.
- If you love a good thrift boutique then you’ll love searching through the aisles of JuliaClaire! Clothes, home goods and MORE!
- We think this one is a hidden gem but right on HWY 52 heading South you will see Kelly Printing and Signs. Take a peak in their showroom for some awesome Grizzly Coolers and mugs that are made right down the HWY in Decorah, IA! The Grizzly mugs will keep your apple cider warm for HOURS!
- If you’re a horse lover Hoffmann’s Tack Shop will be a perfect stop for you. Their tack shop is filled with beautiful clothing, tack, and accessories.
- And lastly, we can’t forget the Driftless Fly Fishing Company. Stop in to Mel’s shop on St. Paul Street in downtown Preston for a full shop of Orvis Fly Fishing Gear!
Sounds fun, doesnt it? Do you need help planning a trip to see us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal touch or call 507-765-2100. We can think of several more reasons you have to add Preston to your Fall bucket list!