Founded in 1978, Eagle Bluff is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. As a year-round environmental learning center, we provide accredited education programs & outdoor adventures to over 16,000 children, adults, and families each year.
For the students, adults and families that visit Eagle Bluff, their experiences are more than just another school field trip or walk through the woods. By participating in direct observation, interaction, engagement and exploration of the environment, students and visitors connect with nature on another level, cultivating a relationship with and deeper understanding of the natural world. Through this hands-on learning in nature, we aim for people to leave Eagle Bluff with experiences that stick with them and inspire them to become lifelong stewards of the environment by:
- Fostering a sense of respect, stewardship and community
- Imparting life skills such as teamwork and problem-solving
- Increasing environmental awareness & academic literacy
- Promoting positive outdoor experiences, and
- Sparking curiosity and appreciation for the natural world