Where we went in 2022…
- Continued partnerships with:
- Local Non-Profit Organizations
- City of Preston & Fillmore County EDA
- Local Chamber of Commerce Professionals (Root River Trail Towns)
- MN Dept. of Veterans Affairs & MN Dept. of Employment and Economic Development
- Posted tips and tricks in the exclusive Facebook Member Group and monthly eNewsletters.
- Promoted shopping local for major retails holidays via social media and print advertising.
- Put together 100 Welcome Bags for new Preston residents.
- Held ribbon cuttings for: Studio316, Rod N’ Reel Coffee Co., & Ladd K9’s new facility.
- Shared Monthly Business Tools put together by our Treasurer, Ilene Edwards. This included monthly business reminders, social media content reminders and content ideas.
- Participated in monthly meetings with the Preston Historical Society for their Historic Campus and River Front Masterplan, Phase 1.
- Created 100 Easter Bags for the FC ECFE Easter Egg Hunt and 100 Holiday Bags for See Santa Off.
- Held another successful Preston Pride Cleanup Day in April to help cleanup downtown spaces and the trail area.
- Continued to promote Preston as a Veteran Friendly Community through sign sales, Veteran Discount promotion and the Community Flag Project. We gave back from funds raised to the Army Tank restoration project.
- Donated $1,000 in Preston Bucks to the NEW Prevent 22 Silent Auction Fundraiser that raised funds to help combat Veteran Suicide.
- Held a successful Golf Tournament in June that has become our largest fundraiser.
- Participated in a Coffee Talk at F&M Community Bank to promote volunteer opportunities in Preston.
- Participated in the Fillmore County Fair with a NEW booth at the “Showcase Your City Day.” We showcased VA Home information, Visitor Information, and we gave away $100 in Preston Bucks!
- Held a successful Business Trick or Treating and Trunk or Treating event that brought hundreds of children to businesses throughout Preston.
- Created a video and fan campaign for the Fillmore Central Football team’s first ever State Football appearance. We partnered with our neighbors, the Harmony Area Chamber of Commerce, and our video went viral on Facebook and reached more than 9,000 people!
- Continued the Hometown Holidays branding campaign. This was used to market events, specials and anything related to the Holidays on our social channels and website.
- Promoted a NEW Small Business Season Scavenger Hunt for local shoppers beginning on Small Business Saturday. People had a chance to win $50 in Preston Bucks. We gave away $300 in Preston Bucks!
- Held a NEW Youth Entrepreneur Pop Up Shop on Small Business Saturday for 3 youth entrepreneurs.
- Created a brand NEW Holiday Lighting Contest for residents and businesses in partnership with Preston Public Utilities, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency and Preston Tourism. We gave away $400 in Preston Bucks to winners!
- Dedicated the Chamber Christmas Tree in memory of former Preston Lion’s Club Members who have passed away.
What people are saying about us…
“Membership in Preston Area Chamber of Commerce reaps many benefits. The Chamber readily promotes Preston Pop Up Market events on the Get Hooked on Preston website and Facebook as well as in tourist publications. An outdoor bulletin board is available at the Preston Tourism Center for event flyers. I always leave monthly Chamber meetings uplifted and excited after networking and brainstorming with other members. If you are not a member, I highly recommend joining Preston Area Chamber of Commerce. You’ll be glad you did!“ —2022 Non-Profit Member
“The Chamber is the glue that holds our area businesses together– networking, becoming friends, working together on projects and new ideas that are beneficial to everyone. Collaborating and teamwork makes us all more successful! Even in difficult situations, there is someone else who has been there and can give advice or encouragement. The Preston small business community is amazing!”-–2022 Business Member
“The Preston Chamber is important to the area business community as a source for business education, networking, and communication. Over the past decade the Chamber has grown into an important community asset. Preston has been fortunate to have outstanding Chamber volunteers and leadership.”—2021 Non-Profit Member
Let us help you.
- Stay connected! Receive PACC news weekly and monthly. PLUS join our exclusive Chamber Facebook Group. If you are a Chamber member, you wont miss a thing!
- Your reputation and credibility as a business or organization matters! Stand out and get noticed as an active member of our community!
- Continued learning opportunities. Whether we partner with an organization or provide tips and tricks in our newsletter, there is always something new to learn.
- Ribbon cuttings for new businesses, moves and remodels.
- Enhanced listing in the Preston Visitor’s Guide for your business. This includes the online Visitor’s Guide.
- FREE website listing on www.prestonmnchamber.com.
- LIVE Video opportunities on our Social Media Channels about your business/organization.
- Networking and support at monthly meetings with local business members and organizations.
- Advocacy on your behalf when it comes to local, state and federal issues that directly affect the business community.
- The Chamber recommends its members first and provides information to new community members and visitors each year. This includes Welcome Bags that are handed out to each Preston Public Utility customer with Chamber coupons and freebies.
- We utilize local media to help market our Chamber members. This drives traffic to our website which in turn drives traffic to you. We are constantly finding new ways to attract customers and supporters to your business/organization.
- The connections you make are invaluable and important to the success of your business/organization!
Please reach out to Gabby Kinneberg, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-765-2153 with any questions you may have about joining the PACC.
Thank you for your membership and support to the Chamber.
Click Here to Join as a Friend of the Chamber!