Where we went in 2021…
- Continued to work closely with Preston EDA & Fillmore County EDA to bring grant and loan resources to businesses. This included emails about crisis grants/loans during COVID shutdowns and the continued communication about reopening.
- Held our first ever Annual Meeting via Zoom!
- Posted videos in our exclusive Facebook Group about social media and online marketing.
- Created a Love Local campaign to promote Valentines Day and Shopping Local.
- Put together 100 Welcome Bags for new Preston residents.
- Shared Monthly Business Tools put together by our President, Becky Jones. This included monthly business reminders, social media content reminders and content ideas.
- Helped the Preston EDA market a NEW Commercial Inventory page on PrestonMnChamber.com where businesses can post properties for lease or for sale.
- Our Shop Hop event in the Fall of 2020 was highlighted on the big screen at the ExploreMN Tourism Conference!
- Brought back Crazy Days Sidewalk Sales during the 60-Mile Garage Sale Weekend.
- Created 100 Easter Bags for the FC ECFE Easter Egg Hunt and 100 Holiday Bags for Breakfast with Santa.
- Helped coordinate window painting with Sally Gibson for Trout Days/Spring.
- Communicated about Preston’s 2021 Street and Utility Improvement Project to membership.
- Created Member Window Clings with QR Codes to help drive traffic to PrestonMNChamber.com and member info.
- Held another successful Preston Pride Cleanup Day where we cleaned up 10-20 bags of trash in just 2 hours.
- Created and sold Veteran Friendly Community Lawn Signs that were featured in local media (TV and newspaper) as a fundraiser and branding campaign.
- Planned a successful Golf Tournament in June that has become our largest fundraiser.
- Assisted with the Veteran Home Groundbreaking Ceremony and helped coordinate the Celebration afterward. This included marketing and providing funds from the Community Flag Project.
- Put on a Family Movie Night at Trailhead Park in August featuring “Cheaper By The Dozen”
- Held a successful Business Trick or Treating and Trunk or Treating event that brought hundreds of children to businesses throughout Preston.
- Added additional marketing for Shop Small and Small Business Saturday. We created short videos for social media with participating businesses to help promote their business. We added an event downtown to pass out swag.
- Created a Hometown Holidays branding campaign. This was used to market events, specials and anything related to the Holidays on our social channels and website.
- Dedicated the Chamber Christmas Tree in memory of seven important community members we lost in 2021.
What people are saying about us…
“The Chamber has helped us with marketing, community relationships, community awareness and the many programs available locally and federally to help our business. Small businesses face many challenges and our Chamber is a great resource for us. Thanks for all you do!” —2021 Business Member
“The Preston Chamber is important to the area business community as a source for business education, networking, and communication. Over the past decade the Chamber has grown into an important community asset. Preston has been fortunate to have outstanding Chamber volunteers and leadership.”—2021 Non-Profit Member
Let us help you.
- Stay connected! Receive PACC news weekly and monthly. PLUS join our exclusive Chamber Facebook Group. If you are a Chamber member, you wont miss a thing!
- Your reputation and credibility as a business or organization matters! Stand out and get noticed as an active member of our community!
- Continued learning opportunities. Whether we partner with an organization or provide tips and tricks in our newsletter, there is always something new to learn.
- Ribbon cuttings for new businesses, moves and remodels.
- Enhanced listing in the Preston Visitor’s Guide for your business. This includes the online Visitor’s Guide.
- FREE website listing on www.prestonmnchamber.com.
- LIVE Video opportunities on our Social Media Channels about your business/organization.
- Networking and support at monthly meetings with local business members and organizations.
- Advocacy on your behalf when it comes to local, state and federal issues that directly affect the business community.
- The Chamber recommends its members first and provides information to new community members and visitors each year. This includes Welcome Bags that are handed out to each Preston Public Utility customer with Chamber coupons and freebies.
- We utilize local media to help market our Chamber members. This drives traffic to our website which in turn drives traffic to you. We are constantly finding new ways to attract customers and supporters to your business/organization.
- The connections you make are invaluable and important to the success of your business/organization!
Please reach out to Gabby Kinneberg, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 507-765-2153 with any questions you may have about joining the PACC.
Thank you for your membership and support to the Chamber.